Sunday, August 26, 2012

Go Away Isaac!

In my last post I mentioned our week had been awful. It continues to still be getting worse. Thursday evening I received a call from Addison's pediatrician. I cannot say enough about this woman. The fact that she took the time to call me instead of having her nurse call. She had received the full report from Addison's chest xray. It showed a linear band of fibrosis in her right lung. She said we will know more after the swallow study results are in but if Addison is drinking and aspirating the worst case scenario will be feeding her through a g tube. Addison will be referred to a pulmonologist to address her lung. I called Dr. McNair's office again Friday morning and asked to speak to an office manager since my calls were still not being returned. I was put through to a nurse named Christine and she apologized. I told her about the latest news and she spoke with Dr. McNair and he agrees Addison needs surgery. I got an appointment with Dr. Black in Tennessee for 9/13. He is a pediatric GI and will be our 3rd opinion. Her swallow study is also scheduled for 9/13, I called to have it rescheduled and no one returned my call. We will meet with the surgeon tomorrow at 2. I will not schedule the surgery until after our trip to see Dr. Black. Right now we are stressing about Hurricane Isaac. I worry if Addison starts vomiting we cannot be without power. I need to be able to wash clothes and give her baths. Also she is on breathing treatments and I worry about her getting hot and making her cough worse. Never a dull moment in our house. I will update again tomorrow with the details from the surgeon. As always thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment