Monday, September 10, 2012

Memphis Bound

Hi! We survived Hurricane Isaac. Our yard was flooded for a few days but Addison only vomited twice during what felt like was the longest storm ever. She hasn't vomited in 11 days. Last week she had her swallow study done. I have not heard from her doctor yet but the speech pathologist said Addison swallows normally without aspirating. She kept asking me what genetic testing Addison has had done because usually atresia birth defects come with other defects also. Addison has only been tested for Downs Syndrome and Cystic Fibrosis. She will have therapy tomorrow morning and her first tap and ballet class in the afternoon. After dance we will head to Ocean Springs for the night. We will leave Wednesday with Maw Maw Vickie to head to Memphis for Addison's appointment Thursday morning with Dr. Black. I am so frustrated! I requested all of Addison's records from all of her doctors on 7/27/12. I had to pay for some before they could be sent but when I was getting everything ready this weekend I noticed I have not received the correct records. Her GI and allergist are in the same office and all I received was the allergists records even though I paid for the GI records too. One of her pediatricians only sent her 9 and 12 month check up notes instead of all the records, she had seen her from 6 weeks old to 1 year. I feel like every which way we turn nothing is working out for us. I will just have to bring what I have and sign a release from Dr. Black's office so he can get the rest. I have been having a hard time with my depression and anxiety. On Friday I layed Addison down for her nap in my old bedroom at mom's house. I went in the kitchen to work. I started thinking I would not be able to hear her if she started choking or vomiting and I had an anxiety attack. My heart was racing, I could not take a deep breath or swallow. I hate that we never know what will happen one minute to the next. Later that night she was having sleep apnea and I was scared to fall asleep. I counted 8 mississippis during one pause. Please pray we get some answers from this doctor. Why has she been 11 days without vomiting? I feel like God is telling us not to do the surgery. I added a few recent pictures of Addison from this summer. I will update again this weekend when we return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment