Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hello from Memphis!

Let me start with good news first. It has been a full 2 weeks since Addison last vomited. She loved her first dance class. She didn't even cry when I walked out of the room. I did get teary eyed because she was acting so grown up. It was just nice to see her so happy and like a normal kid. We headed to Ocean Springs after dinner Tuesday night. We arrived around 11 pm. Woke up, showered and loaded up the car by 10 the next morning. We made the trip in 7 hours. We had to make a handful of stops because Addison would ask for a break from her car seat. We checked into the hotel and took her swimming in the pool. Next we went across the street to eat dinner at Chik fil a. She loves playing there and actually eats the grilled nuggets. She hates fried nuggets and will peel the fried parts off. Her appointment with Dr. Black was at 10 today.We had about a 30 minute wait in the room. Addison was playing doctor with us. She is so smart. She was even telling me to put the little black thingy on the thing they use to look in your ears and told me to say ahhh when she grabbed the light used to look down your throat. She always puts gloves on first too. I am telling you my little girl is going to change the world. Dr. Black entered the room and had already reviewed the records we faxed over. He does not agree with the Nissen Fundoplication surgery unless it is a life threatening issue. He said the surgery can cause problems also. He needs to know how bad her reflux is. Addison will be admitted to the Le Bonheur Children's Hospital on Tuesday afternoon. She has to be off of her Prevacid for at least 3 days before she has a PH Probe test. A probe will be inserted through her nose down her esophagus to measure how much and how often she has reflux for 24 hours. She will also have a consult with pulmonology about her lung issues during her hospital stay. We were given a referral to the FedEx Family House which is located across the street fom the hospital. They only have an opening for us to stay tonight. The Forest Spence Fund had dinner brought in for all the house guests. They even played with Addison and had an arts and crafts table set up. Besides a baby Addison is the youngest child here today. They offered to pay for our hotel stay Friday through Monday. I am so very thankful for this organization. Tre' missed a week of work during the hurricane and Addison's $400 orthotics, it has been a rough month. I only packed for a 2 day stay so we had to head to my favorite place, Target, and buy diapers, wipes, shampoo, apple juice, milk, and snacks for Addison. There is a washer and dryer here so we were able to wash our clothes. This house is such a blessing. I feel like my world has been turned upside down. I don't know why I am even feeling like this. Addison has always been sick so this is nothing unusal. I guess just being away from home. Mom is trying to get off work to stay with me but she may have to leave Sunday. If so Tre will head up Sunday evening and will have to miss a week of work again. I just don't understand how people do it. These unexpected medical expenses are killing us. But as always I trust in God and know he will provide. I pray one day we will be on the other side and can offer help to a family in need. I would love to be able to pay it forward. I will update as often as I can. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment